Monday, May 6, 2019

Testing: Check 1, 2

Wow, I cant believe its been nearly four years since my last blog. Over the course of the last four years social media has served as my primary method of sharing fishing information. However, recently its became cluttered with political bullshit, self proclaimed professional fisherman, fad diet salesman/women, keyboard warriors/trolls, etc. On a recent float with a friend, Scott, we discussed the topic of blogging. He had followed the blog in the past and was curious to why I had stopped writing. I was blown away at the fact that he had once read the blog, and even more so after we had finished fishing. That conversation sparked my interest in writing again. I went back and forth for almost a week before I decided to jump on the computer and see if I could remember my old username and password. It took a few tries but here we are. I feel now is the right time to step back into writing, if nothing else for my own enjoyment and reflection.

Many of you may be wondering why I stopped writing the blog? The short, and purposefully clouded, answer is politics within the kayak fishing community. Maybe......No most certainly.....I felt I had payed my dues and was more deserving of recognition than some of the others in the community. As many of you know, or will soon find out, having unreasonably high expectations of yourself can often lead to some of the most disappointing and frustrating adventures. It is those experiences that humble us and allow us to learn and grow. Well that's essentially what happened with the blog but instead jumping back in and continuing to write, I tossed in the towel. My purpose in writing had changed and was no longer enjoyable for me. In the end I am glad things worked out how they did. I have matured a great deal, and realize now more than ever the purpose fishing has in my life.

 Additionally I'm not the sort of guy that needs to be in the spotlight anyway, especially when I'd be dancing to someone else's tune. So for now grab the flashlight and we'll put on our own little show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment